Indomitus Tutorial: Chaplain
Marble pad
I base with Grey, light grey, and put the transfer on. Next, I glaze the pad with contrast yellow: medium in 1:4 ratio about 4 layers at lower left and upper right. I check the color after the paint is completely dried because over-doing it can destroy the effect. Then I use diluted brown to draw crack, but here I suggest you to use a lighter color other than Rhinox hide. Finally, I seal the pad with contrast medium, and use diluted contrast yellow paint to add a tiny glaze along the cracks. I recommend a good 00 brush to do it.
\
Purity Seals
In the official box example, the Chaplain bears differently aged seals. I base the seals with Zandry dust, draw horizontal strips on it, and darken the recesses with dark brown. I make the older ones darker by using Seraphim Sepia.
Color differences
The robe and the ribs are similar in color tone. I use Seraphim Sepia on robe to add nuances. So does the sealing wax on the gun, the book, and his belt. You can do this by adding black, red, or yellow to make similar colors looks a lot more interesting
Chessboard seal
The process is easy: draw a grid, fill color. But you have to be aware of how big your brush is. The stroke of your brush can introduce errors and make the pattern uneven. (see picture)
Glowing lens
I paint most of my units' lens with a white dot to represent reflection, but in this case, I use yellow instead. This makes the lens look more like a glowing flame instead of a glassy surface.
Comments
Post a Comment