Indomitus Tutorial: Captain

Indomitus Tutorial: Captain

圖片



Gold trim on Storm shield

圖片

I used contrast paint Guillimen Flesh with contrast medium 1:1 to make a warm glaze on the darker area of the gold trim. The same method was applied to all golden parts on this model.

Badge drawing

圖片

This is the most difficult part of the entire model. I made a grid reference showing how I make mine. Note that the chessboard transfer in the box set doesn’t fit the badge! Badges differ, but the principle is the same: using bolt as reference points. Here's a simplified diagram of my drawing process.

圖片 



Small Imperial Eagle

圖片

This thing is very small on the purity seal. I use a 00 brush and still, it’s difficult. Here’s a simplified version of the imperial eagle. Again, here's my process:

圖片


Shield transfers 

圖片

There are three transfers needed to be applied on the strip. However, the transfers have an opaque area that can mess up the other transfers. So make sure you finish up the centerpiece and seal it with Latham medium first, and work on the other two after.


Power Sword

圖片

I glaze black on the sword to make this effect. I use contrast paint again, black templar : medium = 1:4 I slowly apply a thin layer one after another. About 5 coats you can see the color starts to build up. I made the power rod darker for the lightening effect later… if I have time to do it.


Purity Seals 

DarrenLatham ’s tutorials are amazing. I made different colored purity seals so they look like they were applied during the different periods during the Indomitus Crusade. Make sure you check out his Youtube channel to learn more about purity seal.re about purity seal!

圖片


Gallery

 圖片

圖片

圖片

圖片

圖片


Comments